It is a naturally formed body moving around the earth.The moon is the only natural satellite of earth.
It is man made body moving around the earth in an orbit.When a body is taken to a certain height above the earth and given necessary centripetal force, the body keeps on moving around the earth and becomes an atrificial satellite.
Nowadays, the artificial satellites find widenespread applications in the present worrld.The following are the uses of artificial satellites:
- Artificial satellites are widely used in telecommunication.
- They are used in studying the atmosphere near the earth surface.
- They are used to forecast weather.
- They are used to transmit rafio and video signals.
- They are used to know the shape and size of the earth.
- They are used in space flights.
- They are used to study the radiations coming from the sun and the outer space.